Do you want to strive to the top? Do you want to be an achiever? Do you want to unravel the fruits of knowledge in your mind?
This manifesto will light up the path towards multiple abilities for you. It will also polish yourskills to the level where you are higher than an expert learner. Just like a house, we will need to first build the foundation of being an expert learner. We will be going through the basics and understanding the concepts of being an expert. First, becoming an expert learner will require determination. Expert learners see obstacles as a necessary part of the path to success.
An expert learner is a person who embodies knowledge, purpose and resourcefulness. These three words I have mentioned have a deeper meaning. According to the Universal Design For Learning, Jenna Gravel and David H. Rose identified the following qualities of an expert learner:
They bring prior knowledge to new learning and activate that prior knowledge to identify, organise, prioritise, and assimilate new information.
They also recognise the tools and resources that would help them find, structure, and remember new information; they also know how to transform new information into meaningful and usable information.
Anyone can be an expert learner, but first you need to identify whether you have a fixed mindset. In a fixed mindset, people believe their basic qualities, like their intelligence or talent, are simply fixed traits. A person with a fixed mindset requires to change their mindset to a growth mindset.
Becoming an expert learner also requires a great teacher who is warm, accessible, enthusiastic, and caring… This is the teacher whom the students know they can go with any problems or concerns or even to share a funny story. Great teachers possess good listening skills and take time out of their way-too-busy schedules for anyone who needs them; but your teacher is your halfway line to becoming an expert learner. The other half is you.
Students need to set their goals to a high standard and to work harder than others. The other half is you; always have a growth mindset and build upon those mistakes. Many people think aiming for perfection is harmful but I disagree. Aiming for perfection can lead to many benefits, such as better attention to detail and being able to fix our mistakes with deliberate practice; aiming for perfection also encourages us to have higher standards to compete with ourselves by devising a plan for improvement. The Islamic principles state that we should aim to be perfect whilst accepting that nobody is truly perfect. We always should try to do everything at our best, whilst accepting the fact we will make mistakes.
These are steps towards being an expert learner. Follow them and you will open a path to success:
1. We will aim for 100%; we will practice for a specific goal as perfectly as we can, not settle for 70% or even 90%- Instead we will strive for 100%.
2. We will see errors as an opportunity to learn; we will analyse our mistakes and find it as an opportunity to gain new sustained knowledge.
3. We will see intelligence as malleable; we will use the malleability of the brain as a golden opportunity to widen its unexplored abilities.
4. We will visualise a successful future; we will strive to set ourselves targets for continual improvement and have a clear purpose in life.
5. We will organise our learning resources and time; we will plan effective strategies for reaching our goals, monitor our progress and modify our strategies as needed.
6. We will slowly unravel the hidden puzzle pieces in our untapped resources of our minds; we will explore deeper, searching for an answer that will change our lives, making us thirst for more knowledge.
7. We will increase our brain capacity; we will make multiple paths for our brain choosing the one that will lead us to the path of being an expert learner and exploring our brain just like an unexplored ocean.
8. We will stay engaged; we will be curious to explore and we will look into our curiosity even deeper, always yearning for more knowledge.
9. We will strive to become truly educated; we will focus on developing successful intelligence.
10. We will cultivate a growth mindset; we will use every chance to learn whether that is through success or failure.Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in